Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pulau Tekong... Stan's new found home

Rec Stanley Fung!!! Wash the toilet bowl!

Today, I took time off to send Stanley for his direct enlistment into the all-famous National Service. Went to meet up with him and his family members at SAF Ferry Terminal before boarding the ferry to Tekong. While we on board the craft, I could see Stan's nervous and sad face. For myself, I was kind of having many flashbacks of the time when my family members sent me there too. When we reached Tekong, we were split up away from Stan to prepare for his oath-taking ceremony while we enjoyed the guided tour around Tekong's BMTC compound. For me, I just felt very good to be back 'home' for I really really miss that island a lot. After the tour, we went to the auditorium to witness Stan's and his fellow in-mates' oath-taking ceremony which was followed by a luch session at the cookhouse. It's been 2 years since I ORDed and left Tekong but the food did not change at all. I can imagine myself going mental if I were to eat the same variety of food again and again for the rest of my life. After our lunch session, Stan's family members and myself waved him goodbye before heading back to the ferry home.

And that was the last time I saw Stanley till this very day (Ok , I make it sound like as if I am not going to see him again).

To Stanley, I hope you will enjoy this phase of your life and I hope that NS will make you a much better person than this. Take care lots bro!

No comments: