Friday, November 28, 2008

Rooky the Kitten

An abondoned kitten was found today!

Syaz and I were strolling along Bugis Street when we stumbled upon a cute little kitten. It was very very adorable. We wanted to touch it but were afraid that it's mother might not recognize its smell. So we just observed it from a distance.

As the kitten was moving about, I noticed that it was actually moving without any sense of direction. As we looked closer, we noticed that it's eyes were covered with a pile of dirt (more like some pile of shit). It walked towards a group of 'Ah Bengs' and hit one of the Ah Beng's foot. When they saw the kitten, they treated it like a mini ball and were 'foot-passing' it to one another. We could not bear the sight of it and so we decided to carry the kitten to one side. As I looked at the kitten, I could actually sense its pain and sorrow. I could also see that it was actually in an abandoned state. It was smelly and had fleas crawling all over it. It was a very pitiful sight for me so we decided to bring the kitten to my home. We found a box, placed the kitten in it and decided to take a cab home. While waiting for a cab, both of us had a discussion on a name for the kitten. Syaz decided to call it Puss the second and I thought that it was disgusting. That's when I decided on the name Rooky and both of us agreed on it. so, the three of us (Syaz, myself and Rooky) took a cab over to my place before Syaz continued her journey home.

After ensuring that everyone is asleep, I quietly brought Rooky to the toilet straight and gave it a good scrub. I started off by slowly wetting Rooky's face and peeling off the pile of dirt from it's eyes as that was the most awful sight for Rooky. I even tried to remove the fleas from its body. Can you believe that I was actually sweating while bathing Rooky? After bathing Rooky, I towel-dried it. I also made a make-shift sleeping place for Rooky and cuddled it with a blanket and stroke its back. It did not take long before Rooky actually fell asleep in my hands.

So here's presenting to you... Rooky!



Rooky and me


To Syaz, welcome back to Singapore once again! Hope you will not lose your way around after being away in Sydney for more than 5 months. A million thanks for all of your gifts too! Love them lots. Cheers!

No comments: